Massage has been used for therapeutic purposes – on both humans and animals – since the very dawn of time.
Among the many documented benefits of massage are:
- Enhances range of motion and muscle tone.
- Reduces inflammation and swelling in the joints, thereby alleviating pain.
- Promotes the healing process by increasing the flow of nutrients to the muscles, and aiding in carrying away excessive fluids and toxins.
- Stimulates circulation, thereby releasing endorphins – the body’s natural pain killers.
- Helps to maintain the whole body in better physical condition.